Tips for Finding Good Consumer Credit Counselors
Selecting a good counselor is just as important as finding a good credit counseling company. It does not matter what kind of debt you have or what the reason is for you being in debt, it is very important to find the best credit counselor.
All credit counseling groups claim they are here to help you get out debt and stay out of debt. Many times throughout the day, you will see or hear some kind of advertisement. Many of them promise to make your debt go away and other promise even more weird things. Rest assured in knowing though, you can find an excellent credit counselor. Keep reading to get a couple of great tips on just how that can be done.
Finding Reputable Credit Counselors
If you are looking for the best kind of credit counselor, then you need take a look at some of the many websites that are listed online. There are certain guidelines the companies are suppose to use and you need to find the one that is doing the best with that. You can find that kind of information with BBB.
- One thing that you should keep in mind is that just because the credit counseling agency labels itself as non for profit, it does not mean that it is. You can still be charged fees that can rip you off.
- The best kind of company is going to be willing to offer you any kind of information and answer questions without charging you anything.
- No company can guarantee to remove your debt, so be on the lookout for companies that make that promise. No legitimate company can remove your debt; it has to be paid for by the consumer.
- If the company that you are contemplating suggests that you file for bankruptcy, it would be in your best interest to find another counselor. A good one would not suggest that.
- If the credit counseling agent claims that by doing their program, you can remove negative information from your credit report, beware it cannot not happen and it is illegal for that to be done.
Finding the right kind of credit counselor can take some time. It is very important that you do whatever possible to find the best kind of counselor and agency for your finances. Take your time and go over as much information as you possibly can. It will help to save you time, money and stress.
Disclaimer: We are an informational site that receives compensation from companies of products we endorse. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own.